Sunday, April 13, 2014

NEFAR Launch, Bunnell, FL April 12, 2014

Today there were college groups in competition launching Hybrid rockets.
Lots of misfires and fill hoses came loose.
The Scouts also joined us so there was plenty of action on the LPR pads.
With delays and full launch racks I was only able to fly four models.




A few seemed surprised by the altitude achieved by a Quest B6-4 in my Estes MINI SHUTTLE.
The winds weren't strong yet and this one had an arrow straight flight.







This was the second D engine launch for my Quest STILETTO.
The Estes D12-5 is a perfect engine for it reaching an estimated 850 feet.

The 18" Odd'l Rockets parachute was the right diameter for slow descent and a long walk.





The stretched Quest X-15 had a second successful launch with a Estes C6-5 to 750'. I had concerns about a stability with the heavier C engine. It turned out to be my best flight of the day.
The 15" parachute was reefed with a wrap of masking tape to keep it close. By now the winds had picked up and gusts were up to 10 mph.





And finally, my Estes NIKE APACHE was flown with a C6-5.
Estimated altitude was around 750'.
Another reefed parachute made for an easier recovery.

I took all the launch shots today.
My camera burst mode seems to work best when set on "Continuous High". 

No comments:

Post a Comment