Friday, July 25, 2014

A Email Question To Elmer's

After not getting a good answer about Aleene's Tacky Glue,
I sent the same question to Elmer's - 

Comments: A while back you changed the old White Glue formula to a "New Stronger Formula" 
I build model rockets. The old formula was thicker and allowed parts (engine mounts and couplers) to "slip" together. You did have some working time with the glue. 
The "New Stronger Formula" is very thin by comparison. Engine mounts and couplers will "lock-up" before you can slide them into their correct position in the model.
Do you make any other glue that is the same as the old formula white glue?

Thank you,
Chris Michielssen
www.modelrocketbuilding.blogspot.com
________________________________


Dear Chris,

The closest product we currently have to the old Glue-All formula is our Washable School Glue.

Sincerely,
Brian Rumschlag
Consumer Response Analyst
_________________________________

I read somewhere that the School Glue isn't as strong a bond as the regular Elmer's White Glue.

4 comments:

  1. The best thing I have found is the Titebond Extend wood glue...but I still don't trust it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not another glue to test!
    It sounds interesting and I'll keep an eye out for it. After all this I'll probably just go with epoxy for engine mounts and couplers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What would happen if you mixed the School glue with the reformulated white glue?

      Delete
  3. The School Glue is still thinner than the older formula.
    Mixing the two wouldn't accomplish much. You might end up with a slightly thicker glue.
    I don;t think I'll be mixing the two together. I just want to find the "right" white glue for rocket building.
    Elmer's wrote back that the School Glue is the closest to the old formula Glue-All, but it isn't close.

    ReplyDelete