Monday, July 14, 2014

White Squadron Putty Test

I was curious how the white Squadron Putty could stick so well in the intake tab recesses on the Estes QCC Explorer intakes.
After sanding the QCC intakes, my water based CWF filler wouldn't stick in the super glued recesses.
But, the white Squadron Putty stayed in the tab areas. In the picture, a pencil line is drawn around the sanded white putty areas.




I got my white Squadron Putty from jonrocket.com.
For a test, I set a large drop of medium CA glue on my work area cardboard. As the glue drop dried, it spread out a bit at the top.
After it fully dried (a thick drop takes a while to dry) some Squadron Putty was pressed into the CA.





After the putty dried it was sanded down with 400 grit on a sanding block.
You can see the white putty left in the recesses.
It has to be the Toluene solvent in the putty.
It got into and held in the hard, dried CA glue!

No comments:

Post a Comment