Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Model Profile - Centuri Hummingbird





I built "the easy goin" Centuri Hummingbird in the early 1970s.
I don't remember ever flying it.
It might be the only card stock boost glider kit ever produced.

On YORF, Scigs30 started a thread on the Centuri Hummingbird in August of 2011: CLICK HERE

He did some great drawings of the card stock parts: 
CLICK HERE





For the original plans:
CLICK HERE

And more information, parts list and instructions for a clone:
CLICK HERE

4 comments:

  1. Is this a BT20 build? I was looking to downsize a glider to a BT5 and thought this might be the one. Does it fly and glide well?

    Getting into Gliders and helicopters and hoping you do more of those. Also fantasy stuff would love (LOVE!!!) to see you build the Andromeda or a scratch build of the Dragon Ship 7... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Scott,
      I don't remember ever launching the Hummingbird. Its a ST-7 tube, a little larger than a BT-20. BT-20 should work as a substitute. Being it was made of card stock I doubt it was a very good glider.
      I doubt I'll ever build the Andromeda. It is BT-20 based, long and very week. I launched one in the 1970s. Under boost it buckled in two places and pinwheeled. The Dragon Ship? Maybe. I just have too many other projects in line right now.

      Delete
  2. Yes BT20 I see in And more information...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll take the hope of a scratch build of a Dragon Ship 7 any day. Like hoping for world peace but actually possible...

    ReplyDelete