Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Cox X-15 Flight Manual


On YORF, Tim Morley was looking for the Cox Nike Zeus instructions.
While searching online, I came across the Cox X-15 instructions. CLICK HERE 

While it was interesting to look over the flight prepping directions I found the detailed decal placement pictures. I wish I had these when I was trying to figure out the decals on the Quest X-15 kit!

Cox was probably the first to include altitude predictions in the instructions. Cox engines were designated as A = Alpha, B = Bravo, C = Charlie and D = Delta.

There is additional X-15 historic information prepared by Doug Malewicki. It was all included in the Cox kit package.

I once thought the Estes X-15 ready to fly plastic model might be a re-branded Cox X-15.
The Estes X-15 used 13mm engines, the larger Cox X-15 used 18mm.


No comments:

Post a Comment