Sunday, September 14, 2014

Estes Black Brant III, Part 3, Decal Draw


The colors and type fonts of the Estes kit decals at www.oldrocketplans.com
didn't match up to the Alway drawings in ROTW.
The Black Brant III drawing was scanned and dropped into an new page in Corel Draw.
I enlarged the Alway drawing until the body diameter was .976" or the diameter of a BT-50.
Everything was traced. The NRC logo isn't the final art. I still have to re-work it.

Since I can't print white on my inkjet printer -
The white bands will be made by spraying gloss white on a clear decal sheet.
The white bands will be cut and water transferred.
The NRC logo, "National Research Council Of Canada" and Canada flag will be a second layer of decals on top of the white bands.
I'm still not sure about the decals with the blue rectangles and screw heads.

Sorry, I won't be able to send out a decal PDF on this one.
Black Brant III decals are available from ExcelsiorRocketry.com: HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment