Saturday, October 18, 2014

Art Applewhite MMX Bic Pen Rocket Build, Part 3, Ink Tube Prep

The tip and ink tube pull out of the pen body.

I was expecting the worst, but the tube pulled out of the tip without any ink mess! Play it safe though, pull the ink tube out over a trash bag and have paper towels close by.

Save the ink tube - see the third picture below.


I tried to get rid of the remaining ink in the tip.

After the ink was pretty much gone, I realized I should have kept it as is. At a club launch, I could have filled out my flight card with the rocket!










At the rear of the ink tube, cut off the clear end.
This will end up being the launch lug.

2 comments:

  1. "At a club launch, I could have filled out my flight card with the rocket!"

    Now, that's funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rich,
    A few years back I made a MMX pencil sized SkyWriter. It really feels like a pencil in your hands. At a club launch I was waiting for a launcher. I had the rocket in my hand.
    A kid asked if he could borrow my pencil to fill out a flight card. He and his father were surprised it was a rocket.

    ReplyDelete