Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Estes Teros Upscale, Part 9, Decal Draw

I found the decal scan online and redrew them.
Doubling the size of the art made the decals very large. It'll take two, 8 1/2" x 11" sheets to print them all in black.
These will be close, I couldn't find exact fonts.

On the left is the yellowed kit decal scan.
The tracings are next to that and my 2X decals are to the right.

The "U.S. AIR FORCE" was originally done in white.
Unless I send away to have them printed they'll end up being black on my model. I have white decal paper but matching the red on the decal to any available red spray paint would be nearly impossible.

The white "rivet" square between the fins can be a white decal square underneath with a black decal overlay.

EDIT: For whatever reason, the decals I printed ended up too large! Everything was reduced in size and another sheet printed up.

No comments:

Post a Comment