Friday, October 3, 2014

Tyvek Shroud Line Reinforcement Strips

Robnee posted on TRF:
Tyvek Jewelry Tags for Shroud Line Attachment

"Has anyone used the little Tyvek Jewelry tags for attaching shroud lines to homemade plastic chutes before? I picked up a pack of them on Amazon and they seem perfect. They're 1/2" in diameter and the adhesive is pretty strong. They can be folded over and attached on both sides of the chute forming a little loop for attaching the shroud lines. There is no adhesive on the loop part. The Tyvek seems stronger than the chute itself so I'm thinking it won't tear. Pretty cheap at $6 for 1000. That's a lifetime supply for me."

From the Amazon listing:


Looks like an alternative to the Avery round rings.
The rectangle shaped ones might be what are used in the New Way rocketry kits.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Chris,
    Yes, the rectangle ones are what I use in my NewWay kits. The adhesive doesn't stick to all plastics that great and is the reason I put holes in my chutes, so the adhesive can stick to each other.

    ReplyDelete