Sunday, January 11, 2015

EBAY Search Tips


I know, many of you hate Ebay - 
But sometimes you can find a good deal, especially when the seller doesn't know the value of an old kit.

I used to blindly search around Ebay looking for a favorite model to build.
Now I make two quick stops and I'm done!

First up, the obvious.
All Listings and "Sort" Time, Ending Soonest.
I only have to check the first two pages. An auction ending in three days doesn't mean much.
Check back in another day and see how high the price is then.


The second search, hit "Buy It Now" and "Newly Listed".


Sometimes there are sellers trying to quickly get rid of rocket stuff they've found in an attic or estate sale.
Here's where I've picked up the best buys.

Another good search is "Model Rocket Lot".
You can sometimes get many kits. A few you aren't interested in, but there might be one model worth bidding on.

Don't ever buy a launcher at retail. Everybody has extra launchers and controllers.
They can go for very little on Ebay.
From Model Rocket Lot buys -
I've put together "Starter Sets" with a launcher, controller and a kit for people wanting to get back into the hobby.

No comments:

Post a Comment