Tuesday, January 20, 2015

TLP Pershing #K046 Build, Part 13, Shroud Rings and Fitting


TIP: Enlarge the picture at the right to see the slight notch recess cut into  the outside of the centering ring.
The notch allows for a better fit underneath the glue tab overlap. It'll be hard enough to fill this raised tab without it being any higher than it needs to be.



Under a bright light you can see how high the interior ring sits.
You can also check if the ring is level. My ring was almost level, I didn't want to push my luck and press it in too hard.




OOPS! I made a big mistake here.
Push the third shroud into the bottom end of the second shroud BEFORE you glue the final lowest centering ring in place.

You can't slide the third shroud over the glued on ring!
I had to pull it off the ring. Luckily the glue fillets were still wet.
The third shroud was nested into the bottom of the second then the ring was slid up and glued into position.

No comments:

Post a Comment