Saturday, January 31, 2015

TLP Pershing #K046 Build, Part 25, More Scale Data!

Thanks to links from Eero Fluge, I have a good scale drawing of the Pershing! This is from the January 1970 issue of  Model Rocketry magazine -
CLICK HERE

Looks like I'm going to have to remake the fin vane pads. I was pretty much guessing and going by what I could see in the Estes instructions.
I might also do the rear fins again, thicker this time.
Interesting too is the rounded tip on the nose cone.

There might not be a Pershing build post for the next few days! The cruise used up many of the posts I had in draft form and now I'm going to remake the fins and fin vane pads. I'm also busy with land shows.
There should be posts, but they will be on other rocketry subjects. 
Just give me a few days to get the Pershing back on track.

2 comments:

  1. What no Pershing post! You're killing me here! Seriously though, I'm really looking forward to seeing the finished product here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jim,
      Sorry, I just lost some time having to go back and remake thicker fins! This build is taking longer than I would have thought. I'm looking forward to seeing the final model myself.

      Delete