Sunday, February 15, 2015

NEFAR Launch, Bunnell, FL February 14, 2015

The NEFAR monthly launch was as busy as I've ever seen it. Lots of kids and Scouts on the low power pads. The mid power pads were all full throughout the day.
Winds were 10 to 15 mph and I had LONG walks to pick up the models with parachutes.

It's always fun to see one of your kits built by someone else.

On the left is Cris Morris' PIGASUS. My Odd'l Rockets LITTLE GREEN MAN was on the next pad. The picture isn't a drag race.
Both flew on C6-5 engines to about 500' each.
With the wind gusts Cris' Pigasus was blown to the West. There is a lot of fin area on the Pig.
The L.G.M. had a vertical flight, almost landing in the drainage ditch.





The Odd'l Rockets SPOOL was tested for the fourth time with a C6-0 engine.
This one almost performs better with a C6-3. The three second delay allows it to coast a little longer.
Altitude was about 275'.





The Estes MINI SHUTTLE had a high flight with a Quest B6-4.
Altitude estimate would be about 350 feet.

Ejection was fine and the model drifted into the fenced in Southwest pasture.




My favorite flight of the day was the Dr. Zooch SATURN V with an Estes C6-5 engine.
Boost was straight until I noticed some slight coning during the delay phase. Another long walk to pick it up.
Altitude was estimated at 550'.

Only four flown today. 
The winds kept me from flying any engines larger than a C.

2 comments:

  1. I want the spool! As soon as I see it available for sale I'm placing an order!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mushtang,
      The spool has been a good success so far. The disks may end up a little smaller diameter before I am through. Some of the Odd'l Rockets were designed for small field flying. This one is perfect for soccer fields. The recovery is a very fast spin, end over end.
      I'll have some Earth and Moon printable skins available for it.

      Delete