Friday, February 20, 2015

TLP Pershing #K046 Build, Part 39, Launch Lugs

Okay, I'm a low power guy, I still use launch lugs. I know, I should be using rail buttons. This model will get 3/16" lugs.
The TLP instructions don't mention the position of the lug. Forum posts have said that TLP leaves that up to the builder.
The kit supplied lug looks like a plastic soda straw sprayed with a flat finish paint. I'll substitute two regular 3/16" diameter x 2" long lugs.

The lug seams get filled off the model with CWF.
This lug was slipped over a dowel. A wrap or two of masking tape made a tighter fit over the dowel.
With the lug on the dowel you can paint the entire lug without getting filler on your fingers.

I couldn't find the Pershing Center of Gravity in the instructions or online.
I'll split the two lugs and place them on the flat sides of the fin pads.
This hides the lugs - somewhat.

The will be a delay on more posts and finishing the Pershing. In Orlando, it's too cold to paint right now! I'll get back on it when it warms up a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment