Monday, April 6, 2015

TLP Pershing #K046 Build, Part 47, Nose Section Mask B



TIP: Notice how the tape is being pulled away - down and away from the mask line!
I get the cleanest mask lines this way. It's worth a try, anyway.
Where the Scotch tape strips overlapped there was a small bleed under the edge. This would happen even with the most expensive masking tapes.

I've had people email and say they can't get clean masking lines. I'll say it again -
TIP: If your surfaces and fillets aren't smooth and clean, you paint masks won't end up clean and sharp. The tape edge must seal on all surfaces.




Before the paint is totally dry (and "bonded" to the color underneath) you can push this small paint bleed back into the lower painted area.
I'm not scraping, but using the side of the blade to push the paint down and off the white area.





Here's the upper section mask.
It's so big it won't fit on my card stock backdrop for pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment