Friday, May 1, 2015

Krylon Disappoints - Again!

Months back I searched everywhere for fluorescent red-orange and found it at Lowe's.
It was Krylon, a brand I rarely use. No other brand I found had the red-orange color.

The can is new, never used.
I was ready to spray three lower fins on my Nike Tomahawk.
I started with a practice pass over the plastic bag.
The paint spattered and the nozzle clogged! One second of spraying and no paint would pass through the nozzle! What crap!!!





I went to Ace hardware and found some fluorescent red, pretty close to the cap on the red-orange Krylon.






Here's what came out of the Ace spray can . . .

It looks more orange than red!



I got out my old Quest Nike Smoke and compared the colors.
I must have used a fluorescent orange (or red) on that one too.

Close enough for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment