Thursday, May 14, 2015

The Big Fix, Estes V2 Fix Part 4 Fin Repair



The leading edge of one fin was chipped out.
(I probably should have fixed this before I did the black stripes in the last post.)
You could use CWF to fill the void if it were smaller.
I have to replace the leading edge with hard balsa.

You could never fill the chipped area with an exact shaped piece.
I removed a full rectangle of wood.
A replacement piece was cut just a little taller than needed so the leading edge could be sanded even after the glued dried.



The fill piece was sanded to the leading edge, filled and primed.
It's ready for a shot of black.

2 comments:

  1. Not flawless, but darn close!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lonnie, Yeah, I've given up on "flawless". Practice makes close.

      Delete