Thursday, August 20, 2015

Ebay Vintage Wizard Score!

I checked the Ebay "Buy It Now" listings Wednesday morning.
I was surprised to see some older Estes Wizard kits for $4.95 each!
I picked up four. (I know, all I need!)
A pretty good price considering the kit sold for $4.20 in 1992.

Check it out - CLICK HERE
On Thursday morning there was 10 available, 13 already sold.

This was the original Wizard design, purple and white with the wide star band decal. It was introduced in 1978 and ran like this until 1992.





Here's how the look changed in 1993. It's still available today with the stick on decals.
You can see why so many prefer the old decor.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the heads up. Picked up two kits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You bet Tsarnie!
      If I find good deals I pass them on. A few years back, scoutstuff.com was clearing out the Estes Blast Off engine bulk packs for $20.00 each. I posted that on a forum and they were cleaned out pretty quick. They do have 1/2A3-4t bulk packs for $33.99. Estes retail is $57.79.

      Delete
    2. Mine arrived today. The 9" shock cord made me giggle.

      Delete
    3. Hi Todd,
      I agree, way too short! Sometimes I save the short ones and tie them together to make a usable shock cord. These were too short to even bother. The shock cords were tossed.

      Delete