Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Estes Honest John, #7240 Build, Part 4, Fin Assembly

I'm not sanding the fin root edge here, I set the fin on my flat sanding block so you can see the curvature on the root edge. The sanding block was just a handy flat surface to show the slight curve on the root edge.

Normally I sand off the blackened laser cut edges. Don't sand all the fin edges until after all the laminations are glued together.

The only edges that should be sanded for now are the center lines of the outside lamination halves.
On the left is the top and bottom outside pieces before sanding the inside edges.
On the right is the edges after sanding.
Again - lightly sand only the center lines of the outside lamination pieces for a tighter fitting center joint.



I glued the outside halves together with CA glue.










After that quickly dried, the glued edge and flat surfaces were sanded smooth for a better flat gluing surface.

No comments:

Post a Comment