Thursday, November 12, 2015

MRC Enforcer Build, Part 5, Mylar Body Wrap and Launch Lug

The Mylar is thin and very shiny.
MRC was smart to make the full body wrap in two sections. It's easier to do body wraps in smaller sections.

The face card shows the name running down. I set mine so it reads "up".


Here's the fully wrapped tube.
What's strange is, with both wraps started at the same pencil line, the ENFORCER and flag aren't centered or lined up! Oh well.



You are directed to glue the launch lug on with super glue.
I cut a small strip through the Mylar wrap and glued it in place with white glue.
The launch lug is brown, no Mylar covering is supplied.

2 comments:

  1. If there was any difference in centering of the lettering and flag, the flipping of one would've likely doubled any difference if you flip one of the wraps. Likewise, any overlap on seam of the wrap would likely cause a "shift" if you flip one of the wraps. Of course, this isn't something that doesn't become obvious until *after* it is too late...
    As the old carpentry adage goes "measure twice and cut once," and the related one "dry fit before gluing." (shrug) I think I have a slightly concave forehead from too many forehead slap moments.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Naoto,
      I responded earlier but it didn't get posted.
      When I think about it, you are right! I wish I could go back and check the centering on the name. I could have made adjustments and got the whole thing correct.
      I use the "Measure twice, cut once" adage on every build. But on this one it didn't even cross my mind. I also have way too many forehead slaps.

      Delete