Wednesday, February 3, 2016

February 2, in Bonaire!


A ship letter to family and friends - 
This has turned out to be a LONG one. I perform on Friday, seven days after meeting the ship. Yeah, it's interesting. Some cruises have you perform the day you arrive.
Typical of Holland America tho - 7 to 10 days, one or two shows.

In Bonaire today, Wednesday.
Read two books, on my third now. Watched a few movies.
Practiced and now working on my new promotional video editing.
Lots of time to practice.
Saw a few whales along side the ship.

I didn't get off in Semana. 20 minute tender ride with nothing on the island.
There is an outbreak of the Vika virus there so I stayed on the ship!

I've attached pictures. First one is the Eurodam, next to us at a previous port.
The Eurodam is the same size as the ship I'm on, fairly big with 2,300 guests.
The other pic is the main showroom where I perform.
Grand and gaudy! A fellow comedian called it a big floating bowling alley, a great description.

3 comments:

  1. Chris, when you are planning a trip where you intend to build a rocket, specifically a carded one. Do you have a checklist of items you'll need for the build? I ask because I'll be going on a week long trip and have plenty of extra time to build some carded rockets. I'm working on a checklist and thought you may have one already, based off lots of experience.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Scott,
      No checklist handy but I do bring:
      A small metal straightedge
      Cheap break off blade knife
      Small sharp scissors
      Glue stick
      Small bottle white glue
      Cereal Box Cardboard
      Printed model parts
      Burnisher (Sharpie pen)

      You don't need much for carded rockets and they pack pretty flat! Think about a way to get them home without damage.
      Good luck!

      Delete